scoreateetime.com is a new exciting service for golfers. It allows golfers to find tee-times available in their area. The guys from scoreateetime.com are very serious about usability and asked me to perform usability testing on their beta site. This is the second round of testing, the first one remains private.
- What are the benefits of creating a profile?
- Create a profile
- Logout of your profile
- You recently moved to Manitoba, and would like to find some information on the golf courses that are available in your area that are listed on ScoreATeeTime.com:
- Find Selkirk Golf & Country Club
- Locate the Course Description
- Locate and go to Selkirk’s course website to view more information on the course
- Find and book a tee time for around 12:30pm on June 8th at Fore Links Golf Course (Hard Coded)
- You are located on the Northeast side of Winnipeg (Postal Code: R2G 0A7):
- Find the golf course that is closest to your location and book a tee time at around 2:30pm for tomorrow for two golfers.
- Locate that information
- Find directions to the course
Usability Testing Video (may take a few moments to load)
- Red text – "Low hanging fruits" Items that should be fixed ASAP
- Purple text – "Low hanging fruits" Items that can and should be fixed pretty easily
- Much better, easy to read
- I like that you describe the purpose of the site, but I would put that higher
- Not clear what the featured listings are all about, showing random listings that irrelevant to me
Benefits of creating a profile
- I don't see it on first glance
- When I go to create a profile, I see benefits on top, but the text should be shorter
- "Rent" information? not sure this is the right word
- You replaced green with gray — good
- Google ToolBar Auto-fill doesn't work
- If the form didn't go through, the check box of "agree to terms and conditions" should stay checked if they already checked it
- There is a BUG with entering a phone number…it changes it if the form is not submitted the first time
- Hard to read, the gray is too light
- Credit card notice, is it the right place?
- Taking me to search result of information that is irrelevant to me
- Better show me results of tee times close to me, based on the registration information (sorted by proximity to me)
- Easy to find
- Links are hard to read, should be darker
Search for specific golf course
- Do I need to see all the tee time information if all I wanted was to get information about a certain course?
Golf course information page
- Some data is light gray, looks like it's "grayed out"
Search tee time menu item
- Shows me again search results that irrelevant to me as well as featured listings that are irrelevant to me
Search by postal code:
- Results are sorted by time, they should be sorted by distance, and then by time
- Distance drop down – starts from 75 KM, should be 5,10,25 (maybe later on when you have more courses)
- The payment form didn't get submitted for some reason, network timeout?
On all grayboxes:
- esc key is not needed, you can just leave the "close" link
- Missing search feature that shows me search results of golf courses with distance from me
- I can't find an easy way to find how far it is from me
- Counting on people to figure out how to use it on Google map, is not realistic
- Please check www.lookbetteronline.com as an example
- Now that I am on the course profile page, is a "call to action", I expect to see "book now" or a list all the available tee times right on that page.
- Place the info under a new tab "information" that will clear up a lot of space for more important thinks like "call to action"
- Looks great but why do I need to see it if I'm already a member?
- It shows when I am logged in but not when I am logged out, should be the opposite.
- When I am logged in, show me only relevant featured listings
- After registration take me directly to a page with search results closest to me (sorted by distance), on top add a the title "Tee Time Close to you"
- Add tee time list on Golf Course profile page with "book" buttons
- Show only featured listings that are relevant to me
- Add a search feature for just searching for courses, the result should show only list of courses, not tee times, when I click on a course, i can see course information plus a list of tee times