Usability testing examines and reviews your site in order to make it more user-friendly. It’s been proven to double ROI!
I’ve performed many usability tests for both small and large companies, and offer it as a separate service on UsabilityTesting.tv.
To benefit from usability testing, you’ll need to identify the most important tasks you want completed on your site. Order the tests and watch the explanatory videos that you’ll receive once the tests have been completed. Identify and fix any problems until your site is working at its most efficient.
Usability testing is an eye-opening experience that every website needs to go through in order to improve — and every site can improve. The sooner you are aware of your site’s weaknesses — and fix them — the more your visitors will stay on your site and take the actions you want them to take.
We will be testing and fixing and testing and fixing till we’re sure that your site is super user-friendly and yield you the results that you want!
How it works
- Order usability testing
- Fill out the form you get from us
- Your site will be tested and the test will be recorded on video
- Within 72 hours you will receive a report that includes the test video, observations and suggestions. You will be able to view the film, take notes and fix the problems. You can see many usability testing reports here.
What to do once you receive the results:
- View the movie and show it to your Web developer or production team.
- While you watch the movie, take notes on all the issues raised.
- Some of the problems we raise are likely to be simple to fix, so start with those. They’re also likely to be the most important.
- Once those have been completed, fix the remainder of the problems.
Repeat the process every few weeks or months to ensure that your site is always working at its best.
Note: You can fix the issues yourself or hire us to fix them for you!
Order Usability Testing
Level 1: $300
Tell me the three most important tasks you’d like your users to complete and we’ll explain how you can make those goals easier to reach. You’ll learn:
- How easy it is to perform the task.
- Whether users understand what they need to do to perform the task.
- Whether any technical problems prevent them from completing the task.
- What you can change to make it easier for your users to do exactly what you’d like them to do.
Level 2: $500
Overall Usability Testing is much broader, and includes:
- The overall look and feel of the site.
- Whether the menus make sense and are easy to navigate.
- Whether the logo is professional and clear.
- Whether the tag line is appropriate to your business.
- Whether the buttons and “call to action” are clear, clickable and easy to find.
- What works, what doesn’t and how you can make the site better.
- Whether the location of links, buttons and other elements are in the right places.
- Whether the layout is optimized or needs improvement.
- And whether everything works as it should, and if not, why not.