Joanna Garzilli is “America’s Intuition Coach,” a TV host and a well-known psychic to the stars. She has also released a new book called “Unleash The Psychic In You.” Joanna is using WordPress for her site, which is a great start already. And because her site was pretty good to start with, I was able to focus on a basic SEO overview.
- Improve opt-in rate.
- Increase SEO, especially for the keyword “psychic.”
- Make the site stickier and increase trust.
Watch the usability test video:
Video summary and suggestions:
- The site’s look and feel is clean and professional.
- The logo is good.
- I would like to see the domain name somewhere under the logo “AmericasIntuitionCoach.com.”
- The copy under “On Intuition, Decision Making And Life” is a bit too long.
- The opt-in area is very easy to find, especially with those moving arrows — but they can be annoying after a while.
- The words “Unleash The Psychic In You” look like a link
- “Your info will never be shared or sold” should be higher and placed before the registration button; it’s what helps me make the decision.
- I had a problem after opting in. It could be temporary but needs further testing.
- Add the word “email” next to the text box of the RSS feed subscription.
- Remove the opt-in box after registration.
- The instructions after opt-in are very hepful.
- Maybe add a link to other pages on the right, in place of the opt-in box.
- The logo links to the home page – good!
- The most important tag is your title meta tag.
- Move your name to the end, at least on pages that are not your home page
- Using the same start of title (“Joanna Garzilli – America’s Intuition Coach”) on all your pages harms the site’s SEO.
- Each page should have its own unique title meta tag using keywords that the page is targeting.
- The word “psychic” is missing from the meta tags.
- Avoid words like “why,” “where” or other generic terms in the title meta tag.
- Your URLs are Search Engine Friendly.
- Image “Alt” tags are missing. You can place keywords in those tags.
- Hiding the opt-in for people who have already signed up will improve stickiness.