My name is Merav Knafo and I’m a web developer. Over the last decade, I’ve developed some very complex websites and Web-related software products, always learning and paying attention to usability.
During those years, I’ve noticed that many of the sites I encounter have major usability problems. In fact, you could say that all sites have usability issues: every site could be improved and made more user-friendly.
I can look at a site and tell within minutes what works… and what doesn’t. Whether it’s experience or natural talent, I find bugs and problems everywhere I go on the Web and I want to help solve them.
After taking a course with the leading usability experts, I’m offering my service to publishers interested in improving their site on the basis of expert advice.
What can you expect from me?
- Solid, practical advice based on years of experience and learning.
- Honest, direct comments. If your site doesn’t work, I’ll tell you… and I’ll tell you exactly why.
- Plenty of surprises. It often takes an objective, expert eye to spot the problems on a website, and they’re usually where you least expect them.
- Real help that you can use to improve your site.
Here are some of the projects I am currently involved in:
- LookBetterOnline.com – A photography service for online daters. I co-founded this site and created all the software from scratch. We’ve photographed over 12,000 people so far and helped them achieve better results online. We partner with major dating sites like Match.com.
- JomSocial.com – I acquired this project in 2013. JomSocial is the most successful commercial extension for Joomla. It allows users to create a dynamic online community easily.
- iJoomla.com – I am the sole founder of this site and I have eight people working for me full-time. We create commercial extensions for Joomla CMS and have a great reputation for delivering high-end extensions and providing top-quality service